Ashtanga, down from Mysore, has a well-researched sequence of Asanas that root their focus in a breath. Our breath is not static. it flows. And following this flow, we move. Ashtanga has a disciplined practice that ultimately helps pick up the buoyancy of our cells, hence making us lighter from inside out.
Level of Difficulty: 4+
- A balance of strength and flexibility.
- This is the only form that continuously focuses on the two.
- We move constantly from position to position, without fidgeting, without adjustments.
- With a grace and a fluidity that transpires within our body.
- It defines our body language and an inner discipline that sets with time.
Science Behind Ashtanga Yoga
I recommend this to those who have understood how the parasympathetic nerves play a huge role in body function. Sweating, Appetite, hunger, thirst and several other body functions that we believe we cannot change. These can slowly change with time, as the Nervous system resets in practices like Ashtanga.